ICT Competence: Intermediate
English Language Skills: Intermediate
Webshop Level: Well developed
Action type: Actions that have prerequisites and require an investment
Pay-Per-Lead (PPL) advertising is a type of Cost-Per-Acquisition (CPA) advertising. Instead of clicking, the "acquisition" is a form of subscription or other conversion that allows the advertiser to capture a lead. In contrast to the pay-per-click (PPC) ads, PPL advertising entails a more direct relationship between the lead and the company. Besides, submitting a form or subscribing to a website is much more conscious than just clicking an ad.
It is worthwhile mentioning that, although social platforms help PPL to evolve beyond just displaying ads, the term can be mentioned for any advertising priced by a form of conversion that can be connected to a digital identity.
PPL advertising and marketing can be formed in a wide array of paths in order to shape the most suitable formula for your business. Some of the advantages are:
- Greater quality of traffic generating
- More budget savings and cost-effectiveness
- Better targeting opportunities
- Scalable results and measurable performance
- Brand awareness
- Low risk
How to make money as a PPL Affiliate Marketer
Some essential elements you need to have to be a successful PPL Marketer are:4
- Time and motivation to learn all you can about your area and the audience.
- A blog. Preferably, WordPress because it is free and can be hosted anywhere. Besides, there are many plugins that can help you do some extra-ordinary things, even if you are not a professional coder.
- A domain. This should be something easy to remember and related to your products and the audience.
- Enrollment in at least one affiliate marketing program. However, it’s easier and much more convenient to startup and keep going if you can gain access to multiple offers at once.
Ad tools within Facebook and Twitter are the best way to start. Take advantage of the posts that have already made an impact on such platforms. If you want something more advanced, you can find many traditional PPL display ads or affiliate networks, as long as the ads are very well-targeted and placed on websites that deliver your exact buyer identity and persona1.
Then, make sure you are going to be memorable! Create an original ad to target people that might have an emotional connection to your product. All you have to do is to address their needs or solve their problems. An image or video that supports what you are offering rather than an ordinary photo will make this connection stronger1.
Automated workflows are considered to be more significant when it comes to PPL ads. It is preferable to contact your leads directly saying something like "Hey, we're glad you got in touch! Here's what to expect in the future." Based on the type of your ad, they may not have even visited your website, so you need to create an impression, in order to avoid your future emails to be marked as spam1.
Finally, some standard ways to ensure the success of your PPL campaigns are: A/B testing your messaging, buttons and links to retain the high quality1.
Top profitable PPL programs4,5
- Born To Sell
- Kevin Fahey’s Program
- Web Wealth System
- ShareASale PPL
Positive and Negative Part of the Solution
It does not require a sizeable investment, whilst it provides a wider place for businesses to sell their products, resulting in more customers and thus more sales.
The market has become very complex and suitable for very well-developed and established websites with a lot of traffic. Entering such a market requires a deep understanding of the environment, the affiliates, the media, and so on.
Time required to implement a solution and when possible associated cost
Approximately 5 hours
Pay-Per-Lead Advertising is one of the most effective ways to evaluate your marketing. It potentially gives you a significant sense of value considering your investment in a strategy, whilst it is easier to calculate your ROI. Cost per lead gives you a macro view of your marketing efforts, which can be used to effectively cut costs.
Informative Text (Sources)
- Winsauer, E. (2017, January 24). Why 2017 Is The Year Of Pay Per Lead (PPL), retrieved from https://www.vieodesign.com/blog/why-2017-is-the-year-of-pay-per-lead-ppl
- GoWide Blog (2014-2018), 5 Irresistible Benefits of Pay per Lead marketing model, retrieved from https://gowide.com/news/-irresistible-benefits-of-pay-per-lead-marketing-model
- Unifunds (2005-2018), Benefits of Cost-Per-Lead, retrieved from https://unifunds.com/benefits-of-cost-per-lead
- KAT (2018, January 2). Best Pay Per Lead Affiliate Programs, retrieved from https://cashblog.com/pay-per-lead-affiliate-programs/#What_Do_I_Need_in_Order_to_Make_Money_as_a_PPL_Affiliate_Marketer
- Affiliate Marketing (2018, January 5). Top Profitable Pay Per Lead Affiliate Programs, retrieved from https://landerapp.com/blog/pay-per-lead/
- Why Cost Per Lead Marketing is A Good Date Choice
- Which Is Better: PPC or PPL Advertising?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Affiliate Marketing
- Why You Should Think Twice About Pay Per Lead with an Inbound Agency
Cross Border remark
When acting global, you should have in mind that less clicks and more conversions is a tremendous trend, together with the increase of m-commerce, for boosting cross-border web shops. The importance lies in improving customer experience and enhancing trust from their first visit to their check-out.